Sunday, May 4, 2008

Temperature


Well things are definitely heating up around here! Just yesterday the forecast for the Maradi region was projected to have a high of 107F. Hot season is starting to kick in, and I’m anticipating it will get even hotter over the next two months or so.

Sweat has become a very familiar feeling, even when I’m doing absolutely zero physical activity. I think that sweat stains (in the perfect outline of my back and head) are on just about every cushion in the house!

The other night the power went out so we had no fans or air coolers to keep us cool inside, so I decided to wander outside and check the temp. Bringing my trusty headlamp, I checked and it was 93F…at 9:40pm! That’s pretty cool if you ask me…




Yeah, it's pretty hot...



In the "fadama" outside of town


Favorite Hausa Phrase of the Day:

“Arha ba ta ado.”

“Cheap(ness) does not adorn/decorate.”

(That’s the best I could do for a literal translation. It seems pretty similar to our proverb: “You get what you pay for.”)


No comments: