Sunday, November 30, 2008

My Little Buddy

One of my inpatients in the ward was a little boy named Hassane. He came in with burns all over his legs and hips as a result of boiling water spilling on him, and was in a lot of pain. With burns across a joint there is always a risk of contracture, so Aboubacar and I did some physical therapy with him to stretch out the joints and get him mobile.

Well he ended up healing very quickly and well, which is always great. This little boy ended up following me almost everywhere I went around the hospital, just staring at me with his big eyes. Oh yeah, and he didn't wear a stitch of clothing either! He was such a cutie and just got discharged last week from the hospital.

It was fun being able to make friends with little Hassane, and I hope he grows into a good man.



Helping Hassane out of bed to do a little running.





Doing some hip and knee stretches



Those big eyes are just adorable, aren't they?


Hausa Word of the Day:

toya - to burn

No comments: